anyone got scrap wood projects
not talking hardwoods or the type of stuff upstairs. As a part of HI you end up with plywood, pieces of scrap 2 x 4 and other stuff. Anyone got any useful / utilitarian ideas? Not thinking pretty, but useful, maybe the type of stuff you would use in a shop or garage. I took some plywood and made a sand paper holder. Also took some scrap 1 x 3 pieces and made a stand for a fan I'm going to put in my shop window. Now if I can get around to stripping the old fan down and cleaning it up.

The type of stuff where you're not concerned if it's pretty, just functional. The hoarder in me hates burning it or throwing it away. If I can convert it to something useful great.
mark
Ignorance is bliss -- I'm very, very happy
He is useful too.

I save scraps that seem large enough to save. They always seem to find a use somewhere, and if they don't I burn them after a couple of years...then come across something I could have used it for.
If you look at it and think it is probably worth saving it more than likely is, especially with a product that can be painted. I am redoing the front of a fireplace and was out today looking for ideas. Then I remember I had scrap granite cut and polished in 8" widths sitting under my house. Measured it up have enough to do the 2 uprights and the top one piece each, need to do a little digging to see if I have matching for the hearth too. This is a sample of the stone
[url=http://s166.photobucket.com/user/Bobluciano/media/***** replace this type tile in a place

" />

this is what I did with the one above with some other scrap that I picked up against my wife's protests. Oh yeah changed the wall from the first pic in the last and I am doing it in this new project too

Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

wow, that made a world of difference on the fireplace.
mark
Thanks. The scrap I am looking at using this time around was previously a back splash. Funny thing is I almost broke it up a few months back but didn't have space in the bin that week. I will more than likely post a pic of this one finished too.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I burn a lot of scraps. There just gets a point when they take over and I can't get to what's needed. I'm back at that point again. Seems what I make most in my shop is sawdust and scraps.

John
Imagine your wife coming home and asking; "So what did you do today honey- did you finally get rid of that ugly pile of scrap wood like I asked?

https://lifeshot.xyz/funny/amazing-giant...your-mind/
Know any gardener types? Plant stakes and row markers seem to be easy to get rid of.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

on the gardeners, not off the top of my head. Probably some at work.
mark
Bird houses

Here is the stone I found under the house yesterday and where it is going. The wall to the right will be filled in and the front will be leveled out like the one above. Still need to find a hearth for it though I have loads of pieces that are green large enough and a few of carrera marble that is soft and stains easily

Phil Thien