Red Gum vase
Here is the first finished piece I've made out of some red gum blanks I bought from Got Wood!. I'm very pleased with the wood I've gotten from them so far.

" />
I'm slow, but I do poor work.
Beautiful piece! Thanks for the post.
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
Tha's purty!
Steve K

Very nice like the shape and grain.
Wonderful
Beautiful.
''How can we ever hope to understand atoms?'' Heisenberg had lamented that day.

''I think we may yet be able to do so,'' Bohr replied. ''But in the process we may have to learn what the word 'understanding' really means.''
Thanks everyone! There was a post about red gum (sweet gum) a while back, so I was really curious how it would finish turn. It cut very well. The end grain was prone to tear out, especially with these steep walls, but it took to my negative rake scraper well and sanded very well. I'm glad I have several more blanks!
I love the grain and what you made. It really looks sweet.

Now that I know what Red Gum looks like I will be over at your house later tonight.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I would have guessed walnut without a description. Came out every nice!

What is the overall size?
Peter Brown

I can fix that...

shop-time.net
Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Kludge: It's only about 4 inches tall. I can't bring myself to pay for large blanks. Plus, they make for nice, quick projects. :-) I'm practicing different methods for turning taller and taller vessels with thinner walls. This is my third attempt. The next one will have thinner walls.

Arlin: Come on over! ;-)