Laguna 14/12 Delivery?
How is the Laguna 14/12 packaged for delivery? They are currently on sale at Woodcraft and I probably need to rent a vehicle to transport it.
Allan,
I was able to load mine in the back of my mini-van. Make sure you watch the Laguna assembly video. It was very helpful. I assembled mine by myself but it would be easier with another person to help.

Lonnie
Yes....for sure watch the video. I assembled mine myself ....I just took my time but if I had to do it again I would have got some help. I have a PU and brought it home in that. Ifyou have a dedicated spot for the saw and don't plan on moving it around you can get by without the mobility kit...but if you plan on moving it get the kit.....and the light too. You will LOVE this saw.
I cut it three times & it's still too short!
LongLook said:

How is the Laguna 14/12 packaged for delivery? They are currently on sale at Woodcraft and I probably need to rent a vehicle to transport it.

What vehicle would u use to pick it up? It will fit in a station wagon or compact SUV - the box is long but not too high or wide - it's one cardboard box and it doesn't have to stay on a pallet
I have a sedan so I will need to rent something to pick it up. Thanks to everyone for the input. I'm looking forward to getting this saw for my downsized shop.
I recently paid a freight company $150 to bring a heavy tool (600 pounds) from Woodcraft into my garage, about 35 miles, it was on a pallet.
The box it comes in...

Top row of parts...

After the top row of parts were removed, I stood up the box to remove the rest...

I hand-carted the saw through part of the house to the shop, and set it up myself.
BTW, I bought mine from Woodwerks in Columbus OH, and they charge $75 for residential lift-gate delivery. The driver wheeled it into the garage for me. They sometimes have 10% off sales on this saw, and I just waited to take advantage of their delivery option.

Bill Schneider
I bought mine from Woodwerks, too. I got a light from Peachtree for about $20 that works great. It has a magnetic base and is very adjustable. I shortened the cord and put an end on it. I like having the light right over where I'm cutting. I was afraid the factory light would cast shadows (and I'm cheap). Here's some pictures:

Here's something else I did so I could open the bottom door without moving the fence - cut off the knob (to shorten the overall length) and then screw on a new knob.

Check your table. Mine wouldn't adjust flat so Laguna sent a new one. Warranty was easy to work with. Took some pictures and they sent the part.

Have fun! It's always nice to get new equipment.

Lonnie

PS Here's the link to the light just scroll down the page:

http://www.ptreeusa.com/drillPress_Acc.htm