Sawstop Professional Cabinet Saw - Over Arm Dust Collection?
Is the over arm dust collection arm effective for this model? If yes, I've noticed online the over arm collection system is listed only for contractor saws. Is there a separate model for cabinet saws or does this mean the over arm is not necessary?

The dust collection port had the extra nozzle for the over arm.

Thanks!
When I bought mine, I got a mobile base and the overarm dust collection. If I had it to do again, might not get the overarm dust collection.

It works OK. Not perfect. But I find that it seems to be in the way almost no matter what. I have a dedicated shop building. IIRC, you're working from a portion of a 3-car garage. I think I'm going to try and rig a dust collection pickup from the ceiling that comes down to the back of the blade guard. When not needed, it would be up above on a retractable holder of some sort.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
I have the Dust Collection Blade Guard TSG-DC for mine and love it. It gets the vast majority of the dust, and I very rarely take it off. I did not get the hoses from SS, and made up my own system.
Everything I read said they aren't very good , although those who did better seemed to have a shop vac hooked to them instead of a DC. I put an Excalibur on mine, since I already had it. The OEM has been hanging on the wall since the day it arrived.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I built my own out of PVC and flex hose. There is a lot of sawdust that comes out of the rear port of the blade guard (easy to discover when you forget to hook up the hose), so getting rid of it is a good idea.

I can easily remove the hose and clamp it to the overhead arm (with a plug in the hose to prevent loss of DC efficiency) for times I don't use the blade guard. My riser pipe has a joint at table level so I can remove the whole upper arm when I need the room.

Not too expensive and built the way I wanted it to be.
When I bought my PCS the overarm dust collector was a freebee. I feel it works well without it the sawdust flies out the back of the guard.
I have a penn state unit I mounted to the ceiling over my ICS. nice, out of the way, and can remove the bottom portion and have 30" clearance above the table. Seems to do a nice job.
My Day Job
well, bye.
Thanks all.

I think I'll pipe up something myself at first before I spend the $200.

I appreciate the replies from fudge with actual experience.