The finished product
Here it is ladies and Gentlemen the finished Shadowbox. Like I said its walnut and curly maple. I really love the how it turned out. I hope the recipient feels the same. I had a lot of fussing with it and even got into an argument with the wife over it. I could see some of the hot glue dried at the top of the name and I didn't like the look of it. So I had to redo the crushed velvet and I glad I did.. " /> " /> I did post this under my medals post but didn't think anyone would see it.
very nice job, I am sure the recipient will be thrilled.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Beautiful project! Congrats and thanks for sharing - Dave
Piedmont North Carolina
Well done.
Glenn, very well done. You've set the bar pretty high for future cases to made, especially me.

I really like the choice of woods.
Bravo! Bravo!
Jim
Thank you halfathumb. Thus shadow box wasn't an easy one for some reason. And of of course I I know where I went wrong on things. But you live and learn. I hope my next one(mine that I never done yet) will be one to certainly impress. All I way say for now on it it will be Curly maple and Walnut.
Looks great!
Very nice: like the way the flag is displayed.
Excellent design and excellent craftsmanship. Very nice.

For the record Crescent manufactures mat board with velvet, linen and silk already adhered to the board. All you need to do is cut it to size. It is PH neutral too so it won't cause any damage to fabrics or artwork.

I used it quite a bit when I was a framer. I paid about $8.00 per sheet (32" x 40") back then. I also mounted my own fabric on mat board but it would cost more and take longer. But sometimes a client wanted a special cloth color or fabric so that is the only option.

I would have used it if only because I knew that the fabric and board would both be PH neutral. Wood has lignins which can damage fabric.

Pre-washing the fabric before mounting should eliminate any acidity. But wood should be sealed or a barrier placed between the wood and the fabric.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Well done and I like how the maple is one the inside to draw the eye in.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.