Sealer/Glue for aluminum gutters
My Mom's gutter on the corner of her house at the 45 is leaking and they have some type of silver thick glue on it and was wondering what type of sealer I can use to fix this for her.

Thanks
Todd
You'll find "seam sealer" by the gutter stuff at the hardware stores. Comes in little tubes and bigger "caulk" tubes.

Just make sure the inside of the gutter is clean and dry. It's easier to spread and push into the open seam with your finger... probably best to wear latex gloves. I'd do it when you know you won't get rain/snow for a couple days. It takes a while to set up. It's sticky and hard to get off tools....

Seam Sealer
I'd use silicone on the inside.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

The gutter sealer is a butyl compound and really sticky, I'd look for it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
http://geocelusa.com/gutters.html This is what I see recommended the most. I'd steer clear of regular silicones.
Check on that silicone will NOT work.
Get the butyl type caulk made for gutters or roofing.
Clean with alcohol and caulk with a tripolymer gutter seam caulk. Regular silicone caulk and polyurethane caulks don't level as well or seal as well. I think the Geocell that was mentioned already is a great choice and should be easy to find at most hardware or big box home improvement centers.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
Silicone also has acetic acid in it which will cause steel to rust.
I tried everything they sell at Lowes and none of them worked on my gutters. I hear really good things about Rubberizeit. If I had to try it now I would try that.

Ignore the infomercials but google it and you will see that it is a good product. The infomercials make it sound like snake oil though.

see: http://www.amazon.com/Rubberizeit-Univer...B00GSVO6RS
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I bet that rubber stuff is basically the same product as the plasti-dip for tool handles. It wasn't bad but it would dry out pretty quick if you didn't use it within a short time.

I remember using a 3m marine product for sealing that worked on anything and stayed soft.