I finally get to gloat a bit
Has been a good week for me for getting tools that I've wanted/needed. Last weekend I went in search of a 14" band saw. Had an appt Sat morning, then had a couple of saws I'd planned to go look at. I decided to take another look at offerup, and since I was further from home, it expanded the search out further so I was getting ads I hadn't seen. It meant another hour of driving, but I ended up getting a C-man "Professional" series 14" saw. Has some rust on the table, the upper guard was stuck, and it needs new tires (already ordered) but otherwise is in great condition. The owner had gotten it from a neighbor about a year ago and had never run it. $75 later it was in the back of my truck.

Last night I went to an outlet store I found on 5miles and got a NIB C-man 12" drill press for $80 (after using 20% coupon for joining their VIP email list). I was VERY happy about this one as my HF 8" press hasn't run right for years. I haven't checked, but I think it's the model previous to the one Sears carries now. Also, I found from another ad a Portamate mobile base for $20 that I snagged to use for the band saw. All in all money well spent. I'm beginning to really love tool shopping on these new apps.
Congrats!
Wanted to THANK YOU for the info on those sites!

CONGRATS on the new tools.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Is that the 22401 bandsaw? Killer deal!!! Double check the guide bearings on the bandsaw. They are garbage, but easily replaced. I have a write up here:

Bandsaw Guide Bearing Replacement
Jim
Houston, TX
I wish it was as new as that one lol. It's an older model - 22414. Haven't had a chance to really do anything with it yet. I'm building a new base for it so it'll take up a little less space by relocating the motor below. Once I get it setup on that I'll start getting it into shape for me to start using. This is the one I have.

OdyClub said:

Is that the 22401 bandsaw? Killer deal!!! Double check the guide bearings on the bandsaw. They are garbage, but easily replaced. I have a write up here:

Bandsaw Guide Bearing Replacement

Also the wheel bearings are crap too. They roll fine but the shields let fine dust in. Mine got to the point where it was running fine then enough dust built up in the lower bearing and it siezed up and destroyed the belt. Bearings are cheap the belts are pricey because they are metric. Replacements from sears or Rikon are available but for a wait...
Robert Adams said:

Also the wheel bearings are crap too.

I've replaced the belt. My local Sears Parts store had two in stock and I bought both.

You wouldn't happen to have the wheel bearing size, would you? When I did the belt I considered doing the bearing, but chose to wait.
Jim
Houston, TX