Looking for recommendations for a remote control deadbolt
Hi all,

I've got an entry door from the garage to the house. The vestibule is small and has steps in front of it which exacerbates the accessibility issue.

Unlocking the door with groceries, etc. normally involves putting the bags down, climbing the three steps, unlocking the door, descending the steps, getting the bags, ascending the steps......

So I thought I would like to get a remote control deadbolt.

Doing some spelunking around, a lot of the more popular models now want you to use your smart phone as a remote and require some sort of home automation package to function with "Z-Wave" being common.

I want nothing of the sort. I would like a unit with a keypad on the outside and an old school RF remote that will be fairly robust. A lot of the user reviews of these mention their lack of robustness.

Any recommendation on what to try, or not try?

thanks!
chris
What about a combo lock?

KABA

Al

More like this?

Keyless
I turn, therefore I am!
woodhead said:

More like this?

Keyless

Yes this is what I'm looking for. Have you used one?

Never heard of Morning Industries, so I have no clue as to the useability/life/etc issues.

thanks
chris
HI CHRIS I'VE SEEN THESE PUT IN THEY WORK FINE
BATTERY USE IS GREAT
AND THAT PRICE IS THE BEST I'VE SEEN IPUT 4 OF THESE IN FOR FRIENDS AND THEY PAYED ALMOST DOUBLE FOR THE UNIT
I'M RETIRED DID ACCESS CONTROL FOR 3O SOME YRS
south vietnam war collage
30FT range for locking and unlocking with remote. IMPORTANT: Radio Frequency Remote Will Not Work On Metal Doors

I just saw that in features!

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
Cool beans. That looks like me. And as Jim indicated that's a great price.

Doors are wood, so I'm good to go!

Thanks for the input!
chris
doobes said:

Cool beans. That looks like me. And as Jim indicated that's a great price.

Doors are wood, so I'm good to go!

Thanks for the input!

Got one of these ordered and awaiting shipping notice. I'll post a review once it's installed.

cheers,
chris
you made me look to see if there are any homelink compatible deadbolts. Haven't found an easy answer. My Liftmaster has a deadbolt on the garage door, because the way it works it doesn't keep the door locked. Heaven help you if you have to open it by hand though.
Amazon has it for under $90

Amazon
It seems like a shelf to rest the packages on would solve 90% of your problem. Put the packages on the shelf, unlock the door, pickup the packages and enter.

I have a combination lock on my doors. I love them. I never lock myself out when walking the dog anymore and I can program in a temporary combination if I want a visitor to have access. And I can delete if if required. No remote though.

I have a coffee table height bench near the door and I rest packages on that as I enter. I never felt a need for a remote. And some remotes may re-lock if you take too long to get to the door. So then you would need the shelf again anyway.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.