insulated ducting for BR fan
Builder vented mstr BR exhaust fan via a thin-wall PVC pipe half-way across the attic to the roof vent pipe [straight run]. He didn't even insulate it!

When I upgraded the fan last year, I saw where condensation had left its mark, although there is no sign of drywall damage along the route to the vent pipe.

I suspect WN will tell me to fix it right via an insulted duct. However, I have a "crawl-on-all-fours" attic and moving around up there is about as much fun as a root canal.

Would insulating this +/- 4 inch thin-wall be an option? If "yes," suggestions on material?

Other suggestions?

FWIW, the attic is at ambient temp. A lot of insulation on floor. Soffit vents and ridge vent work well.
Get some 5" flex duct (Like hvac duct) and just slip it over the pipe and seal at each end.

Cutting and wrapping with pieces is far too much work.
daddo said:

Get some 5" flex duct (Like hvac duct) and just slip it over the pipe and seal at each end.

Having just spent yesterday cutting and wrapping pieces on 30' of HVAC duct I'd tend to agree, except to get wrap slipped over the pipe he'd have to disconnect one end of it.
crokett™ said:

[blockquote]daddo said:

Having just spent yesterday cutting and wrapping pieces on 30' of HVAC duct I'd tend to agree, except to get wrap slipped over the pipe he'd have to disconnect one end of it.

[/blockquote]

Hacksaw and a coupling. Don't see it being that hard.
So I have to ask, why did he put in such a long run? Why not just pop a new roof vent right above the fan? Single location to work and the short run will make the fan more efficient.
...the one thing I can make perfectly every time, without fail, is a mess!
daddo said:

[blockquote]crokett™ said:

[blockquote]daddo said:

[/blockquote]

Hacksaw and a coupling. Don't see it being that hard.

[/blockquote]

Yeah I can see that being easier than wrapping it.