And then, there were two.
A few years ago, thanks to the generosity of Jonathan up there in beautiful Alaska (and his fortune at being the recipient of the greatest hurricane of suckage to date by a member of this forum), I had acquired one of those wonderful ACME vises, a cast iron version in blue. Yup, he shipped it to me and I've enjoyed using it ever since.

Today, I happened upon another of these almost mythical beasts, this time in green aluminum. I grabbed it. I brought it home, and it works great.

I seriously doubt that I will be keeping both, but I will be playing with them both for as long as I own them.

The first, cast iron, from Jonathan:

Next, the alumimum one I found today.

I really have no need for them both, but it might be tough to let go of either. The cast iron one, with such a fabled story behind it, must remain in my shop, methinks.

I'm in a pickle...
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
They look like they would be so easy to work on saws with. A person would not have to stop and move the saw a few times and they look heavy duty too.

Nice stuff.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
First, you suck. Second, if you do sell one I would gladly buy either. And lastly, I'm not kidding, I would buy either one that you'd be willing to sell.
"When I nod my head, hit it." - M. Howard.

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof
I cant believe your timing. That would have been too much to pass up.

Well, that was the closest I have ever been to getting an Acme. Only a week too late.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".

Was that from around kc?
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Nice score Greg! I have one of those green aluminum ones, mines only 26", my cast Iron is 28". I use the aluminum, its so much lighter and easier to move around.

Oh, I would say you suck, but you only scored one, so you don't!!!!

Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
I'd give a body part for one of those!! Mind telling us where you found it??

Thanks
oooooo ahhhhhhhh.
BontzSawWorks.net
I am so envious.
Some guys have all the luck

web page
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?