Rikon planer question

Anyone have any experience with this planer. Rikon is having a sale in the next few weeks and if this is a good planer, I'm going to jump on it.

A couple of specific questions: How does this do on figured wood? Does this have a snipe lock on it and how is it for snipe?

I have an older Delta and I was thinking of upgrading it with a Byrd head but I could get this for about the same price. I have upgraded my PM joiner with a Byrd head and love it.

Before anyone says anything about a stationary planer, I don't have 240 power in my shop and it would be mounted on a flip-top stand as everything needs to be mobile.

Thanks in advance for the help.
danw
When I saw that in the Woodcraft ad, I thought it looked a lot like my Ridgid planer from many years ago. The only thing I'm not seeing is a cutterhead lock around the height adjusting wheel. My Ridgid has been great to use but even with the cutterhead lock, I can still get snipe. I could probably fix that by adjusting the infeed/outfeed table height but I never got around to it.
looks just like my Ridgid planer, too. Been a good machine for me.

I was able to eliminate snipe by adjusting the infeed/outfeed tables.
David