Wooden leg stretcher - no, really....
I can't make cabriole legs - nor do I have a bandsaw, etc.

My wife likes Queen Anne type furniture, and I'd like to try a piece. I bought a few legs from adamswoodproducts, and they seem very nicely done. However, the horizontal "stile" above the leg proper, isn't long enough for the cabinet that I want.

https://www.adamswoodproducts.com/images...ShowSpec=1

I need a taller stile. I've thought about sawing off the stile and digging something like a twin mortise down into the leg. Or trimming the stile down to 3/4 x 3/4 and machine up a mating, "L" shaped stile that would create a long glue surface to the old, shaved down stile.

Any of this making sense?

Again, need a 24" stile vs 15" stile ontop of the pre-made leg.

May not be possible, I know......
cut the square off and adding a new top is perfectly acceptable

I would not even bother with M&T a single dowel with a bit of length will suffice

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

JGrout said:

cut the square off and adding a new top is perfectly acceptable

I would not even bother with M&T a single dowel with a bit of length will suffice

Joe

A 2" penetration of a dowel into the leg, and the new extension, glued will be as strong as solid wood. Making it strong isn't an issue, if visible grain match will be the most difficult part.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Your L-shaped extension idea is a good idea.
Without knowing any more detail, I like that idea. I don't think you should go down to a tiny 3/4" though. Try to keep the existing block as large as you can. Let it continue to play its role as the vertical "bone" of the leg; the femur, if you will. The L-shaped portion need be no more than 1/4" thick.