Ukelele, Have you made one? do you have plans?
Anyone out there have plans for a Ukelele? (all 3 sizes)
The wife and I are learning.
She bought one. I was too cheap and put the word out.
A friend gave me her grandfathers 1940's era Favilla soprano.
Repaired the crack in the body and refinished.
I may want to build one.
I'm willing to trade....... ????? Mostly I've got wood
Zebra, Iron, and who knows what is buried in the shop

I'll post a pic once the case I'm making is finished.
Woodwork... It's what I do for a living.
(well, such as it may be, It's my job)
((cept my boss is a @#!*&))
I think I'm gonna fire myself for that
Grizzly has lots of resources, from plans to kits. BTW, the correct spelling is ukulele. You'll get more hits in internet searches that way.

Grizz Ukulele Resources
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
FIW, I noticed that Grizzly has koa ukulele kit for around $200. Looks like most of the parts are pre-cut and formed. The description says basic woodworking skills and tools are needed.
I say build you own, I made two. It's an extremely satisfying experience. Found everything I needed to know on the web for free.
lots of great information at http://www.stewmac.com/How-To/Online_Resources/ including how to build jigs and templates PDF downloads. and any parts you need for a good price . and will answer any questions you have. watch some Youtube videos and see some of the not so smart builders making some nice sounding instruments.
It's not hard just takes time.

I went a little over the top with mine.

Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Cool. That's what I couldn't remember Stewmac.
Over the top. NAAAAhhhhhh. They look nice.
I'm not know for going overboard or much skillz.

So, mine might be kinda plain

We shall see. It will be a ways out.

Uruk Hai
Ya. I should spell correctly
Woodwork... It's what I do for a living.
(well, such as it may be, It's my job)
((cept my boss is a @#!*&))
I think I'm gonna fire myself for that
Don, it's actually pretty simple. Just take a regular guitar, soak it in water, then put it in the dryer on High Heat.

....okay...sorry about that...but someone HAD to say it.
MAKE: Void your warranty, violate a user agreement, fry a circuit, blow a fuse, poke an eye out...  www.makezine.com

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Seen the Polynesian style ones?

They are made solid body with a round sound board inserted, and usually an 8 sting. Saw some beautiful ones for sale in the Cook Island

that's what I did, worked great.

Actually, after having made a couple of guitars, I just winged it. I really was making a child-sized guitar, but to anyone else it's a uke. I started with the body, which determines the bridge placement. That determines the neck length +/- a little.
I've built one from some left over African Mahogany from a boat job. I need to take some pics of it, but here is the neck carving jig. It gets clamped in a vise.

I've got another body of walnut put together and some Rosewood sides bent for the third one.
I made quite a few extra Sitka Spruce tops from some leftover wood from building a mast. I'd be willing to part with a few if anyone is interested. The size I build are the concert size but I did buy plans and or books for all the sizes.
I had a little production line there for a while. It is a fun project.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
Not trying to steal the thread, but Woodshop, those Ukelele's are a work of art.