Dunlap 1/3 HP Drill Press
Came across this on craigslist: is it worth looking at? I have a full size Delta but it might be nice to get rid of the big beast and have a small DP that I can put on my bench (takes up less real estate).
They are great machines. I've got a bench model like that and the floor model.sturdy ad all get out, but the best feature is the length of the quill stroke, no modern bench drill press comes close.
Jim

Here is the floor model I got a couple of weeks ago.
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
Maybe I am on to something. Apparently it dates to 1946: I have to wonder if the bearings are going to be an issue? It is apparently in original condition, i.e. no attempts at refurbishment. Sound like it might be worth the drive. Any suggestions on key issues to look out for or specific things to check (runout)?
That is a Craftsman DP, maybe marketed under a different name but it looks identical. I have 2 floor models that look amost identical and they are far superior to the Delta table top I had, No comparison.
I have found how much a boat is used is inversely related to how much it weighs.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight kayaks

If you are still here, you need to shut off the computer and go get it.

Now.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
OK, you all convinced me. I will check it out and report back. Thanks
I had one and rebuilt it, documented here: OWWM Linky Nice little press, good if you can get it fairly cheap. Better than anything new lately.

Wow Nice! Sitting here waiting for response from craiglister.......
Get it or send it my way!!
Benny

Boatman, if you ever see another one come up in our area let me know. I need something with more than 3" of travel... Woefully inadequate, and about the only new DPs with more are $700+!
Benny