Cutting 4 ft 6x6 into 4 pieces
I I need some guidance as to how to cut a 4 ft. long piece of rough sawn cherry that measures 6in by 6in into 4 equally sized pieces so I can make table legs from each piece. My resawing skills are not so good so am looking for other ways. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks to all.
Adjust your bandsaw fence for drift; set it near 3" and start cutting. You may need infeed/outfeed support for something that heavy.

I'm not sure where you're concern is.
Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here
weelis said:

I I need some guidance as to how to cut a 4 ft. long piece of rough sawn cherry that measures 6in by 6in into 4 equally sized pieces so I can make table legs from each piece. My resawing skills are not so good so am looking for other ways. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks to all.

I would flatten one face (joiner) first, then square it up with your TS or BS. This will let you know the rough dimensions of the final quarters.

If you have a band saw you'll have less waste when you quarter it ...

Red
quartering on the BS is the right way to preserve as much stock as you can

A good tuneup of the BS and a new blade are the place to start, the next is to eliminate drift by tensioning the band adequately and then using a very light touch quartering the timber

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I would rip it on my table saw, which can cut to a depth of about 2-3/4".

I would rip it and flip it and rip it again. Then I would use a hand saw to cut the pieces apart.

Then repeat on the split, which can be finish-cut on the table saw by flipping the pieces.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.