shave horse
Anyone have a set of good planes for a shave horse.
Brian Boggs has a nice setup. Might be a good place to start. I have a horse on my short list, but haven't decided on a design yet, so I'll be interested to see what others offer up.
Ken
I built one on Peter Galbert's design, but I think Tim Manney has a better one out there. No "plans" persay, but you can figure it out from his blog posts.

Part 1 Part 2
"If I had eight hours to cut down a tree, I'd spend six hours sharpening my axe."

My Woodworking Blog: A Riving Home
Plans for the Brian Boggs horse are in Fine Woodworking #139
pp. 122 November 1, 1999.
Mike B.

One thing is for certain though. Whichever method you use, you can be absolutely certain that you are most assuredly doing it wrong.        Axehandle, 2/24/2016
Do not get in to much of a hurry buddy...  Arlin, 5/18/2022
Apology excepted.  TT. 2/25/20223
And if you're making bowls, take a look at the one by David Fisher. It may be my next one.

David Fisher
I met a professional spoon maker who taught me how he made spoons so I needed a shaving horse. Here's mine. The tractor seat is on a sled so it moves forward & backward depending on the length of billet I'm working. It's about 6' long overall & seat is 23" off floor. It's made from leftover yellow pine flooring.

Tom-

Free plans for the shave mule from Drew Langsner's website-

http://www.countryworkshops.org/muleplans2013.pdf

Phil
Where can I buy a tractor seat like that?

I've sat on shave horses that hurt my butt before, but that one looks comfortable for the long hours required.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
rectangle618 said:

Plans for the Brian Boggs horse are in Fine Woodworking #139
pp. 122 November 1, 1999.

Not really plans as such; there are drawings, but no measurements.

Popular Woodworking has Tom Donahey’s plan based on the Brian Boggs shave horse
here.
Hank Gillette
I thought Lee Valley had a free plan on their web site, but now I can't find it?
Good judgement is the product of experience.
Experience is the product of poor judgement.