New toy followed me home Saturday.
Axehandle said:

I'm only a few steps away from taking the turning plunge?

It's not a plunge. It's only one small step and you can quit anytime you want. Really. Right, guys?

(Think he's buying it? )
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
Congratulations and you deserve the YOU SUCK award of the month. Now let's see the wood chips fly.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
congratulations Sniper!

excellent choice

I'll be getting my AB this summer at SWAT in Waco, TX & can't wait!

Have fun
David
I need to know what whistle to use so I can call one home to me.

One thing not to forget is to drape something over the Jointer so wet shavings go not make nice big piles of rust on it.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin Eastman said:

One thing not to forget is to drape something over the Jointer so wet shavings go not make nice big piles of rust on it.

Arlin

I took the old shower curtain off the jointer for the picture. I may hang it between them after I redo the dust collector drop to have a hose for the lathe.

Thanks all. As for why the Robust over all others, there are many reasons and most have already been listed. As an engineer, I really appreciated the design and attention to detail. Will I ever use all of the lathe's capabilities, probably not, but I would rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them. I am keeping my Jet 1220VS for small things like pens. It seems silly to me to fire up a 3hp beast to turn a pen.

The final reason I spent 2X more for the AB as the PM3520B was something tim_t said last year when he got his AB. IIRC, he was trying to decide which to get and either his Mom or MIL asked which he wanted and told him to get it. I figured my Dad, who loved my shop, would have said the same thing. So after he passed in 2014, I set aside the funds to get this. I look at it as my last present from him and will cherish my AB even more, thinking of him every time I use it. (I know, sometimes I just get sappy )
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
Very nice,I would love a new lathe like that.
Well shama lamma ding dong to you too......
Very cool. Thanks fellas.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
" easy to roll into the shop" he says. Gotta love it and a big congrats, that's the way to do it.
What the Heck, Give it a Try
Bucko said:

" easy to roll into the shop" he says. Gotta love it and a big congrats, that's the way to do it.

It really was with the caster kit on it. I backed the trailer up so the ramps went over the door threshold and I controlled the speed it rolled down the ramps (pushing it up) while LOML and #2 daughter steered it from the top. Just let gravity do most of the work.
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
One of those is very, very high on my wish list (assuming I ever learn the basic turning skills). Congrats......
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.