New toy followed me home Saturday.
Picked this little thing up at the TAW Symposium near Nashville Saturday.

Brent and Deb England were great and we got this beast loaded up into my trailer with no problems. With the caster set, it was easy to roll it right into my shop.

I kind of blew my tool budget for this year (and next year and maybe the next 4-9 years after that).
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
Welcome to the club!

robo hippy
What are the primary features that make the Robusts so nice?

Sorry for the newb question but I'm only a few steps away from taking the turning plunge?
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
Oh Man, that's sweet!! Congratulations!
Steve K

Congrats!! I'm jealous. That one is in my final 3 to choose from.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Congratulations! She is a beauty indeed!
I'm slow, but I do poor work.
Axehandle said:

Sorry for the newb question but I'm only a few steps away from taking the turning plunge?

There are several. First of course they are made in America for the most part. Incredible warranty, 7 years I think, for ALL mechanical parts including headstock bearings. Ways are stainless steel, won't rust, even with wet walnut. Not built on an assembly line but to order. On the off chance a person would have a problem they could probably talk to the person who built their machine when they call for help. Have you ever tried Jet or Delta customer service? A robust is my dream machine for sure. I have an older Powermatic, it's a good lathe but there is zero support for my model. The Robusts are some of the most well thought machines out there. There are several videos on the Robust website, worth your time to check them out.
Steve K

Great machine enjoy
Axehandle said:

If you can find the first episode of Tim Yoder's new series, he describes all the features of the Robust in a fair amount of detail, and walks you around the lathe. Not the PBS series but the one that Popular Woodworking sponsors. Always better to see them pointed out than to read about them. Robust is on my dream list once I move and get a permanent purpose-built shop.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Probably the best sliding headstock set up of any lathe I have used. The thing that really sold me was the quality. My family owns 2 business in the midwest that manufacture, one since 1952. I did work there for a few years, but didn't want to do metal. As I grew up, I appreciated much more the product that rolls out the door, not just because of the design, but the care and pride that the employees put into the product. If you don't know what to look for, you will notice up close that some thing is different. If you know what to look for, there are a lot of details that you can find. I think there are other lathes that compare in quality, but none better, and none with a sliding headstock. I have had mine for 7 or 8 years, can't remember any more.

robo hippy