Ceiling Mounted Speakers
My house has some Polk Audio speakers in the ceiling of the family room. I want to get up inside one of the ceiling and that seems like an easy place, BUT.

How the heck do they come out? Some brief research online and testing if they would just pull down leads me to believe that the metal grill/cover comes off first and then I can access some screws.

Before I expand my internet search has someone here already solved this problem or installed some?
Do you know the model number of the speakers?

Description of one I looked at mentioned magnetic mounted grills -- if you can find model # you might get some help from their site.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Of course the previous owner didn't leave any manuals and the units don't have any markings not even the name.
My experience is that the grills friction fit, and reveal screws underneath that turn a plastic tab that draws tight to the topside of the drywall.
That is the way mine operate. Grill comes off and the tabs are like rework electrical boxes. The tabs fold out when tightening, fold in once loose.
JohnRoscoe said:

My experience is that the grills friction fit, and reveal screws underneath that turn a plastic tab that draws tight to the topside of the drywall.

Same here. You bend a paperclip into an L shape and use it to pull the grills out. It is just a friction fit. Once removed, you'll see the mounting screws.
Shame on the men who can court exemption from present trouble and expense at the price of their own posterity's liberty! - Samuel Adams