Need some ideas on a cat seat?
I have an older lady that I do some work for throughout the year. Her husband is disabled and they don't get out a lot. They have a couple of cats that they love, and hang out in the fenced in back yard with them, whenever the weather allows. She ask me if I would be able to build a perch in the forks of a tree and some stairs for her cats to climb. I am good with the stairs but have a mental block on the other part. The fudge in the tree is only about 9-10 inches wide at the height that she wants it. That makes it to narrow in my opinion. I guess I need I to make sections that extend out on each side. Each side of the fudge is about the same size(8" or so) and pretty much form a wishbone. Usually I love figuring this kind of stuff out, but I need some ideas.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
Kinda bow tie shaped platform, with each side about twice the size of the cats. That gives them plenty of room to turn around.
Bow the surface a bit for drainage and glue on Astro turf(or equivalent).
K. L, McReynolds said:

Kinda bow tie shaped platform, with each side about twice the size of the cats. That gives them plenty of room to turn around.
Bow the surface a bit for drainage and glue on Astro turf(or equivalent).

That is one of possibilities I had considered. Any thoughts on securing it with as few screws going into the tree as possible. I understand that with the principal attachment spot in the middle, it will have to stand some racking force, especially the side with the stairs.
A half pipe lined with carpet.

Twinn
Will post for food.
Brighten up their lives a bit. Make them a catapault.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Supports underneath on each end, platform to tree.

Double the supports on each end and 4 screws into the tree.
I googled "outdoor tree platform for cats" and found many images.

https://www.google.com/search?q=treehous...tforms+for+cats

I'm thinking that something that attaches to the house and allows her to see what the cats are up to might bring her a lot more pleasure. If you build it in front of a window she can watch the cats play.

In any case there are plenty of images to look at with the google search.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Cooler said:

I googled "outdoor tree platform for cats" and found many images.

https://www.google.com/search?q=treehous...tforms+for+cats

I'm thinking that something that attaches to the house and allows her to see what the cats are up to might bring her a lot more pleasure. If you build it in front of a window she can watch the cats play.

In any case there are plenty of images to look at with the google search.

She wants it in the tree, so that's where I am going to try to put it. It will be visible out of their kitchen.
Do these cats sit in the tree now?

If they do, why the seat?

If they do not, what makes anyone believe that they will if you put a seat there?
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
MarkSingleton said:

Do these cats sit in the tree now?

If they do, why the seat?

If they do not, what makes anyone believe that they will if you put a seat there?

Not my part of the problem. She asked me for a favor. I am happy to do my best. It might be a waste of time, but I give it freely.