Design - Wood Tables with Steel Pipe Bases?
Seem to be quite popular lately, particularly live edge slabs.

I have mixed thoughts on the look, I like steel bases, and I like the industrial style, but the pipes just don't quite ring my bell.

Opinions? Thoughts?

(random internet photo)

easy to put together, no welding required.
I'd have to call that the industrial look, certainly not everyone's decor. Ima gonna say no to our house. I think it would be best in a large open setting, high ceilings, well industrial.....

generic metal bases

Changed the search to welded base, live edge top
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Checkout some of these legs also consider something like the cast-iron bench pedestal from HALLOWELL for mounting bench tops. Includes 3 anchoring holes at top and bottom. Powder-coated finish. Hardware included. Order 2 pedestals per top. Little less industrial looking. LV has these free standing legs and Cast-Iron Pedestal Legs . Rather less industrial looking.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
Have facility in aluminum, stiffer than hell too.
Might use rectangular stuff, thread here and there and screw the thing together.
Given the right config. & section it will not bend much either.
Pat Warner
I luv this post. Perfect timing!!
I have a friend that wants a bar table.

Got a live edge Cherry slab (16/4) that I always wanted to use for something.

And would like to use it for this project. Been checking out some of those sites. I like the contrast from natural v. construction modern stuff.

Would like to see some examples.
Gunners Mate, 1st Class, A long time ago...
I like the style as long as the pipes are darker like in the pic. It would have to fit in with the rest of the décor, though.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
This is my dining table, a 3" thick live oak slab I found already flattened. I finished the wood and designed the metal base, had it fabricated from 3/4 inch steel plate.

It gets a lot of compliments. Solid as a rock, allows chairs easy access.

But I'm torn on the pipes. I think the small diameter piping looks fine for hundred dollar furniture, just not for thousand dollar pieces.
very nice