Sketch up help, again
I've downloaded the free version but I can't actually get to a place where I can practice. I can only get the tutorial portion for the 2016 version.
Your help is appreciated but please keep in mind I'm quite ignorant when it comes to using software for the first time.
Jim
Are you having difficulty opening the software and getting to the main workspace? Is that it?

T.
Tony Jones said:

Are you having difficulty opening the software and getting to the main workspace? Is that it?

T.

Yes sir that's it. But I'm afraid I got a virus when I downloaded it, Have to take my desk top the get fixed. What link would you recommend? Norton keeps blocking all my attempts on my lap top.
Jim
Halfathumb said:

Yes sir that's it. But I'm afraid I got a virus when I downloaded it, Have to take my desk top the get fixed. What link would you recommend? Norton keeps blocking all my attempts on my lap top.

Are you sure you have a virus that is preventing SketchUp from opening? If you downloaded it from the SketchUp site, it would be safe and without a virus. Do you want to work on it together? I can make that happen. Just drop me a PM.
Personally, I recommend that you take DaveR1 up on his offer. The guy is a true gruru on SketchUp. Not to mention the fact that is is a great guy to work with. Yep, thats the voice of experience. LOL I still go to Dave often for help and he has never refused to help. In fact, he just helped me this week with a problem I was having. Great Guy!
Awwwwww!  Did I DO THAT?  Yep, doggone it, musta been me.
gee guys i had no idea this is free!!
and i spent what!!
south vietnam war collage
Dave R;
I got to careless in selecting the download site and it gave me a virus. The Geek Squad guy said they've been seeing 3 or 4a day. That's just this store. Exactly what site should I use to download SU on my lap top. The QS is going to load it on my desk top for me. Plus I want to put it on my tablet as well.
Jim
Absolutely the only place you should be downloading SketchUp from is the SketchUp site itself. Get SketchUp Make here. As for putting it on your tablet, there is a Mobile Viewer for iPad and Android devices but it is only a viewer. You can't do any modeling with it. It isn't free but it's only $5.00.