Chair looks tired
I have an old craftsman style chair. My daughter just recovered the old cushion. What would be the best way to renew the finish? It's in good condition structurally. I don't have the tools to do a spray finish.
How bad is the finish? If it's not really bad then simply scuff sanding the current finish and doing a little touch up will suffice. If it needs real work then removing the upholstery, stripping the extant finish and refinishing my be the way to go. A few pictures would help.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
I'll try to get some pics up here tomorrow. When you say scuff sanding, what grit are we talking? I have some arm r seal finish by General finishes. Will that work over what's on there now?
I generally scuff sand with 120 to get loose finish off then follow with 300 before finishing. I use a very light hand though. Depending on what's there a 1# coat of shellac followed by Arm-R-Seal may be what's needed or just Arm-R-Seal may be fine.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes