Alamo Tool Works
Just stumbled across this web site. Alamo Tool Works Anyone have one of his saws? Just curious. Looks like he is offering tapered saw plates. He has a bunch of stuff on e-bay right now.

Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
They seem to be basic, no frills saws with plain handles, but I like the folded backs better than the split ones and I like the idea of tapered plates....I wonder how they cut....price isn't bad for what they offer.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

I've used one at a show in the last two years.

It cut beautifully, had nice weight and felt solidly built.
If you're building your own, it's a great place to start.
The only criticism I have with it is the "boxy" handle...I like them "faired" so there are no "sharp" edges..But I think the user could take care of that pretty quickly with a rasp and some sandpaper.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

If the prices are as basic as the looks I think these saws have real value. You are purchasing function instead of form. If the dovetail saw is in the $100 range, then they would fit between the ugly-but-good Veritas saw and the excellent Lie-Nielsen. So how much do they cost?
Yeah I agree Jack, the handles definitely need some work. I'm intrigued by the tapered plates. Wonder how he is doing it.

Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
What no love for a member
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Just sent you an Email @ TGIAG, glad you jumped in.
Just to be sure you understand Dominic, "Blacky's Boy" here is the member who is involved with TGIAG.

He will appreciate the support, and you will be happy with what you get
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Thanks, thought it was you.