What is this?
It's a tool to get the teeth on your LN dovetail saw pointing in the correct direction.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Serious question: Did you get the planer used? Could a kid or grandkid have stuffed a marble in the planer and it just now fell out?
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
Maybe a mouse brought it in and dropped it when it realized it didn't taste good.

--
See ya later,
Bill
SceneryMaker said:

Serious question: Did you get the planer used? Could a kid or grandkid have stuffed a marble in the planer and it just now fell out?

Interesting thought. But no, I bought it new.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
search for "agate marbles" and see what you find.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Aram said:

[blockquote]Boatman53 said:

Looks like a red marble. Does that help?
Jim

Yeah!

[/blockquote]

mystery solved
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

A jay or crow or pack rat moving into your shop?
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

i have a good friend played jokes on the job best one was that he carried a marble used to crack everyone up "look some one is losing his marbles"
south vietnam war collage
I knew a firefighter once, someone at the firehall used to periodically throw a couple nuts and bolts under the fire truck at shift change. Guys spent some time crawling around underneath trying to find where they came from. Of course eventually someone caught on, and payback's a b****.
Good judgement is the product of experience.
Experience is the product of poor judgement.
my thought is that it came with the new/used tablesaw