Lumber mills in central Minnesota?
Seems like an odd question when there are trees all around us... But does anyone in the central Minnesota area (I'm southwest of St. Cloud) have any recommendations for sawyers? I've been here a few years now, but brought several thousand board feet of lumber with me when I moved up here. Haven't needed to buy anything until now.

I'd prefer rough sawn whenever I can get it, and have tried several local sawyers' numbers from what I can dig up online. Since I can't even get a call back, I figure it's one of a couple things: Either there is a central Minnesota secret handshake that I've not learned yet; I'm not a local; or business is so good they can throw off small buyers.

I'm on the prowl for 200' bf of 5/4 ash or red/white oak. Anyone got any leads? Thanks in advance.
H.O.P.S.

advance apologies… I kill threads
It's probably an hour away from you but you might want to look at Renneburg Hardwoods in Menahga, its located on hwy 71 north of you.
Anything you want, they have. Rough sawn, skip planed, straight line ripped however you want it.
I buy most of my sheet goods from them, they also deliver.
The last time I bought anything the closest and cheapest was over by Cambridge, about an hour away from you. All of the closer ones have closed, there used to be one in Paynesville and another just north of Kimball. Let me know if you want the contact info for the one in Cambridge and I will try to find his card.

Charlie
I used to get my lumber in Courtland when I was in MN...again, probably an hour or so from you.

Woodfinder link
Dave Arbuckle was kind enough to create a Sketchup model of my WorkMate benchtop: http://www.arbolloco.com/sketchup/MauleSkinnerBenchtop.skp
The guy I recommend is Greg Pont in Little Falls. He's fair and runs a good mill. His number is (320) 584-5573. You might have to call a couple of times to connect
Thanks, all, for the contacts. I've got some good leads to get started on. I'm all for supporting the smaller outfits and sending some business their way… just more than a little frustrating when a fellow can't get a response back. Didn't want to run all the way to the Cities every time I needed to buy lumber, but I wasn't sure if I had much choice. Having your personal recommendations will hopefully prove to be the key.

Thanks again!
H.O.P.S.

Also check out Craig's list.
Ron
The Sawdust Factory in North Branch...north of the cities on 35 has anything and everything.
Gary

Living under the radar, heading for "off the grid."

I've scoured CL for quite a while for tools and wood... seems like the lumber I'm finding is either junk or not dried. -Or the $ is WAY too much for rough cut. I still keep a search saved though.
H.O.P.S.

There are several saw mill bandsaw manufactures out there that will give you info of people in your area if you call them.

Like Woodmizer, Norwood saw mills, Cooks portable sawmill, and others if you google them.

I sure wish I could afford even a cheap one.

Arlin

Here is one for you to check out

http://woodmizer.com/us/Services/Find-a-Local-Sawyer
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.