Rip Fence question
I bought a new Kobalt KT 1015 table saw. For me it's just fine for my type of work. The one flaw is the rip fence. It does not align with blade and I have to measure from miter slots to get alignment. Having to do this many times over is frustrating.
Can anyone recommend a replacement fence that doesn't cost a week's wages and has simple, fast installation?
The original fence has no adjustment to it that I can see nor does the manual show any.
Thank you gentlemen
I build custom pistol boxes to your specs
I have the "Cabinetmakers Mule" didn't break the bank, was easy to set up, tee square style so only clamps to the front rail. I haven't adjusted it since setup about five years ago. I'd buy another.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
I have a Mule cabinet maker fence as well. The downside with the Mule fence is that to remove it I have to slide if off the end of the rail, It can't just be lifted off. Here's would be a contender if I were in the market:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Delta-Power-E...T30T3/205803795 $183.33
I had the Mule on one of my saws. It was a nice fence but I prefer my Unifence.

I'd seriously look at the Delta T3 if I was in the market now.
I replaced the fence on my TS with the Delta T-3. Works great, stays straight and locks down solidly. Won't break the bank either.
I put a Vega Pro on my old Craftsman contractor saw and it turned it into a new machine. It's a great fence, easy to adjust and has a micro adjustment feature. I'd buy it again.
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
^^^ ^^^

I had one and loved it. Plus their customer service is great!
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
I replaced my fence with the Delta 36-T30 T3 fence, great fence easy to align.
All the aftermarket fences I'm aware of are really intended for full size saw. The Kobalt a small portable saw. In addition to an aftermarket fence being very large for the Kobalt, it'd likely require some modifications to make it work. You can place your Kobalt into a workstation and add an aftermarket fence to the workstation. Rousseau makes a workstation/stand with a fence included.

IMO the saw's not really worth the cost and effort. It'd make more sense to me to sell the Kobalt and pick up a decent used full size saw. It'll have more potential going forward for about the same cost as modifying the Kobalt.

Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Not knowing your budget, you may well want to investigate a table as Knotscott suggests, or, alternatively build your own.

I was in a similar predicament many years ago, and not wanting to spend any more than necessary, I dicided to build my saw table. I used the cheapest 2 X 4 studs, lap joint joinery, and flooring underlayment plywood. I also studied a fence at a local tool store, then built the most important part, a copy of a bessy T square fence. Mechanically they are very simple and extremely easy to build. The saw has been a real trooper and has served well.

Take a look at the linked pics they may be of some help.

Mike