Show me your tool storage
More specifically your cordless tools. I'm starting to get quite a collection and need a better place to keep them and the chargers.

I have a PC 4 pc. set still in the box since November.
Jim
I made a simple little shelf for my chargers, but nothing for my drills... I'd like to see what people come up with. One idea I did get from this forum is a power strip with individually switched outlets. That way you can flip one charger off when it's done charging and keep another one on, or plug your radio in too or whatever.
Benny

I place them on any cleared flat surfaces (hard to find sometime). I tend to use mine a lot so I have no storage for them. I also only have 1 charger - all my cordless tools use the same battery - this is by design.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.

A cased set of shelves above a refurbished old dresser. The shelves hold custom stands for the battery chargers and a few most used tools. The circles next to the chargers are for 3 12v bosch compact drills and drivers.

In the dresser draws below are lesser used cordless tools etc.

The chargers are mounted to the sloped board with band clamps which pass through small slots in the board. The board is hinged and underneath is an outlet strip which the chargers plug into.

I've since gotten the 18v tools out of my shop and replaced it's charger with a second 20v style.

I made the driver and drill holders with enough space behind them so most normal bits can remain in the tool. This combined with the storage location next to my bench means I set the tool down in its rack rather then on the bench which helps limit clutter.

It works pretty well.

WoodNET... the new safespace
Way too organized for me. What? no dust???
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
Nicely done!

I have a wooden shelf unit that I bought years ago at Target to be used as a bookcase, that I re-purposed as the home for drills and chargers (think flat pack that you assemble yourself). Centralizes things in one place and so far has worked out good.

Doug
Here is how I did some of mine
The chargers are in a different location

" />
Splinter Puller said:

A cased set of shelves above a refurbished old dresser. The shelves hold custom stands for the battery chargers and a few most used tools. The circles next to the chargers are for 3 12v bosch compact drills and drivers.

In the dresser draws below are lesser used cordless tools etc.

The chargers are mounted to the sloped board with band clamps which pass through small slots in the board. The board is hinged and underneath is an outlet strip which the chargers plug into.

I've since gotten the 18v tools out of my shop and replaced it's charger with a second 20v style.

I made the driver and drill holders with enough space behind them so most normal bits can remain in the tool. This combined with the storage location next to my bench means I set the tool down in its rack rather then on the bench which helps limit clutter.

It works pretty well.

Chad; This what I'm talking about. I think I can adapt my existing shelves to make it work for me. Thanks. Jim
Jim
John Mihich said:

Way too organized for me. What? no dust???

John, if I'm ever in IN. I won't try to use your shop, we're from 2 different planets. I live by the rule, everything has a place and everything in it's place. I used to drive LOML crazy too!
Jim
3/4 ply with red oak doors and face frame, walnut accents, quilted maple veneer panels.

I made this one deep, it holds a lot of tools.