MM-16 Value
I'm going to sell my MMM-16 and was wondering if anyone knew what they were selling for before they were discontinued, at least I don't see them on the MM site.
Hey Brian,

You should probably mention the year it was made. They have changed the design, and older models had a bit less resaw capacity.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Hey Brian,
I would like to know what you are replacing it with. Did you happen to score that Northfield 27" about 6-8 months ago from an auction?
Too bad you are in FL. I've been looking for a MM16.

John
Brian. They still make the Minimax 16" saw. They just renamed it the S400P. They renamed all their bandsaws. My MM 20 is badged a S500P but it is basically the same saw. The only major difference I see is the new saws come with Carter guides instead of the Euro guides. I believe the new 16" saw sells for $3273.00.
I saw one here on CL for 2500. The listing was gone in a few days so I assume it sold. There was one in the S&S a bit back also for right around 2500. It sold to a member here. Even longer back another one was for sale in S&S for once again, I believe, right around 2500. That one also sold but I don't think it was to a member here. I bought some other stuff from that seller and took a look at it and it was in near mint condition.

I think that should give you a pretty good idea.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
Don't forget to list it as a "classical machine for Artisans: Joineries and Bespoke Production"

http://www.scmgroupna.com/en/products/cl...0-p-s-900-p.659

The motor specs on the website are a bit weird; think my S400P from 2014 is 3.6kW and single phase.

Matt
3.6kW * 1.34 hp/kW = 4.8 hp
Cellulose runs through my veins!
SteveS said:

Sounds about right. Wasn't sure how that compares to the info on teh new website: "Three-phase motor power (S1) starting from 1,5 kW (2 HP) 50 Hz"

Matt
SteveS said:

That's the piece of the puzzle I needed. I thought it was the newer 4.8HP machine bought around 2005 but from what i understand that was right around the transition time. The motor plate though is clearly marked 3.6kW.

I'm not replacing it with anything, was forced years ago to get rid of my MM combo machine and just have the bandsaw and an old DeWalt RAS taking up space.

Need to make room for a car in the garage so doing some cleanup.