Air hose for a nail gun
Hello all,

I have a basic kit of a small air compressor and a few brad nailers. It works great for me.

The one thing that I can't stand is the stiff and hard air hose that comes with the compressor.

Any suggestions for a more user friendly air hose to run from my compressor to my tools?

Any thoughts about the quality and durability of a coiled hose?

Thanks
Peter

My "day job"
I have been using the cheapie yellow coils from Horror Fright. They have
served for now, but they don't hold up. Eventually they work harden and
develop a leak. What it comes down to is the old "you get what you pay
for...."

The brand that I have been looking to replace them with eventually is
Coilhose Pneumatics.

http://coilhose.com/

http://www.amazon.com/Coilhose-Pneumatic...L160_SR160%2C16
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
I have this one:
http://www.tools-plus.com/bostitch-pro-1...oCFQgaaQod7EYKt
Light, flexible, and doesn't stiffen when cold.
I've got a length of Flexzilla hose on my portable compressor, it's light and flexible, the only downside is it's a dirt magnet.

For my stationary compressor I use Flexeel a poly hose that I would recommend. It doesn't lay as flat as the Flexilla but I can clean it up by running a rag down it. I wouldn't care one way or the other except a clean hose is nice when running a spray gun. Maybe it's all in my mind.
Big compressor I have the 3/8" 100' Flexilla

For the pancake I have some 25' curly Flexilla that Mikey gave me a heads up on, it was dirt cheap from some Farm mart out in the sticks.

I used to use the HF curly stuff, but occasionally in the Winter a tire gets low, and when those curlies shred, the shrapnel hurts a bit The usability of the Flexilla at 6* is the same as others at 85* stuff
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I got this one right here
Actually I have 3 of them. I'll bet I got the first one close to 10 years ago. It has stood up to all the abuse I have given it. As I added air drops in the shop I just bought more.
Dave
"Amateur Putzing in Shop." Northern Wood on Norm 5/07

"Dave's shop is so small you have to go outside to turn around" Big Dave on my old shop
So I built a new shop.  (Picasa went away so did the link to the pictures)
I like the rubber hoses. The colored vinyl hoses are worthless/dangerous in cold weather. I also like a long(ish) hose too so I don't have to have the compressor near the work area.
I picked up some Flexzilla from Lee Valley when they had it on sale (they have free shipping right now). It's been very good for the same work you describe.

Doug
Shop Dad said:

I picked up some Flexzilla from Lee Valley when they had it on sale (they have free shipping right now). It's been very good for the same work you describe.

Doug

I noticed that: the free shipping and that they had that hose. It seems like a good product.
Peter

My "day job"
I just use a 3/8" Goodyear rubber hose from HF. I don't like the coil hoses myself. The ones I have had want to kink or pull my nailer off the bench.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"