stolen #5 plane.
https://siouxfalls.craigslist.org/tls/5444189645.html

Keep an eye out for you upper midwest folks.
WoodNET... the new safespace
Must have been a type 17.

Carl
I am thinking he knows who has it and wants to shame them, and I hope it works.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
That plane must have sentimental value, because certainly no user #5 would be worth that much (don't tell the eBay sellers that!). You would have to be a cheeky bloke to steal it and then return it for the reward.
Mike Brady said:

That plane must have sentimental value, because certainly no user #5 would be worth that much (don't tell the eBay sellers that!). You would have to be a cheeky bloke to steal it and then return it for the reward.

Perhaps rewards poster does know who took his prized possession, and thinks said thief is stupid enough to go for 250 bux, and past owner wants nothing more than said thief to come bringing it around for his "no questions asked " reward $$$

Maybe he wants to also include one free buttocks kicking as a special bonus
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I was thinking more likely a Sweetheart era plane, given to him/her by his/her sweetheart...
Without the identifying marks, its hard for anybody to know if they purchased it... Or to look for it.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

Mike Brady said:

You would have to be a cheeky bloke to steal it and then return it for the reward.

One of my parents dogs was kidnapped and held until they posted a reward. Luckily the animal control officer intervened and caught the people heading out to cash the check (luckily she gave them a check) and made them hand it over. People can be scum.

Bob
bobs64ford352 said:

[blockquote]Mike Brady said:

You would have to be a cheeky bloke to steal it and then return it for the reward.

One of my parents dogs was kidnapped and held until they posted a reward. Luckily the animal control officer intervened and caught the people heading out to cash the check (luckily she gave them a check) and made them hand it over. People can be scum.

Bob

[/blockquote]

Messing with a man's dog is grounds for justifiable homicide, or at least it should be. Glad the garbage got what was coming to them.
Zachary Dillinger
https://www.amazon.com/author/zdillinger

Author of "On Woodworking: Notes from a Lifetime at the Bench" and "With Saw, Plane and Chisel: Making Historic American Furniture With Hand Tools", 

ZachDillinger said:

Messing with a man's dog is grounds for justifiable homicide, or at least it should be. Glad the garbage got what was coming to them.

I agree. I'll shoot the bastage. My wife wouldn't be so kind.