Helped a friend load some equipment today
I think this would be considered a load of arn, eh?

All the little doodads that go with the big equipment were stashed in the back of his truck. I'd be interested to see the looks on the faces of folks on the road as he was driving home.

Yes, these pics were taken before he strapped everything down.
Bill
Know, think, choose, do -- Ender's Shadow
Curious where you found all that. It looks like a place in Fremont I picked up at trailer at
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Estate sale of a friend up in Napa. He had multiple shops with one of the largest assemblies of vintage equipment any of us will ever see.
Bill
Impressive stuff. If I only had the room.
Mike

Is your back sore? Mine would be...nice haul.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Looks like somebody has a drill press problem! Nice haul!
How many drill presses does a person need? I see what looks to be a right tilt Uni with a bullet motor, too. I'd have been all over that.

So, how much did he pay for it all? You didn't say it was a gloat but I've still got to ask.

John
Is that the same type of grinder tablesawtom uses to flatten his planes?
We need a drool button.

Wow.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
The estate sale info, with photos before yesterday, is here:

http://finesf.com/upcoming-estate-sales/

All the machines are plug-n-play, came in operable condition though perhaps a bit dirty.

jussi said:

Is that the same type of grinder tablesawtom uses to flatten his planes?

I don't know what Tom uses as a surface grinder, but this one is a little Delta/Rockwell Toolmaker. He has been working on putting one together over the past few weeks, may be missing some parts that can come from this one if needed.

Some of the drill presses that he brought home (no duplicates) include:
Delta 14" woodworking floor model
Walker-Turner 17" machinist benchtop
Delta 14" ultra-high speed benchtop

He did not get the first-generation slow-speed floor model in the middle of the first photo.

Most of the machines are three phase. I don't know his final tally, but obviously a few K. Some sample prices that I do know for some of his machines include:

Oliver 194 mortiser - $400
Unisaw - $400 (I think)
12" Fay & Egan jointer (buried on the trailer) - $500
Walker-Turner machinist drill press - $400
Delta ultra-high speed drill press - $150

That gives an idea of pricing in the place. Yesterday, everything sold at list price. Today is 25% reduced, anything tomorrow is half off list. There's an awesome gantry with one-ton electric hoist that's still available for probably $1K.

One machine he didn't get, that I kept drooling over and considered all the way until I left, was this great-looking Oliver 399 planer with grinding bar and motor for $1200. It is probably available for $1000 this morning, doubt it will last long.

It was both a sad and fascinating day. Here's an overhead shot of what the warehouse looked like a couple weeks before it was organized for the sale.

Bill