Cabriole Leg v1
SYP from 84 Lumber. I found a pattern on the web, blew it up to size in Sketchup, cut it on the bandsaw, shaped with spokeshave, #49 & #59 Nicholson rasps, and chisels.

Yes - I got carried away and put some stain on it for giggles.... with very little surface prep (and it IS SYP).

I think I might have flattened the knee more than I should have.

Foot struck me as a bit too thick.

In my rush to see the final product, I didn't give it my best - obviously. I'm confident I can do it better next time. A few more of these, I'll feel pretty good about doing it for real (if I can find some 12/4 AM or Walnut). But thanks to all pushing me along.

-jbd
Nice first effort in SYP

Sweep, dimension, and especially foot style vary greatly, so there isn't an example that you must follow. Your table, your call as to what looks right. I don't do Sketch Up so if you can manipulate the image, you have a head start on many in figuring which look you like best. I'd spend time there, and once you find the right look, then go about trying to duplicate it x 4.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Very nice. Since you have the pattern in SketchUp, you could play with the shape of the foot if you want to see how it looks with a different curve. I kind of like a little flatter toe as on this low boy by Philip C. Lowe.
Excellent. You're well on your way. It's an attractive Queen Anne cabriole leg.
Good job.
Do something for me please. It will be your way of paying forward. You, as a first time cabriole leg builder are best to inform new, timid woodworkers. Tell them it isn't as bad as they think. Tell them it doesn't bite.
Very nice. I highly recommend Jeffrey Greene's book, American Furniture of the 18th Century: History, Technique & Structure amazon it has a great discussion of cabriole legs, and goes into detail on regional variations in the design of the legs.
+1
Excellent book!