up and woodworking again too after a year + away
After a year + without having a workshop or CNC (I retired from the USAF we traveled the US for a year and then settled in Oak Harbor WA) I am finally up and running again. I converted an old (built in 1904) 20 x 40 granary into a workshop (I added a new roof, new electrical, new foundation structure) and have been working to get a functional shop up and running again (It is FUN to buy a shop again mostly from scratch)

For a CNC, I decided to go with a 2 x 4 CNC Shark HD and added a 1 3/4 hp porter cable router. I have been learning the differences between it and my old CNC (a Carvewright) and so far am impressed with the capability differences, though I am finding the software learning curve to be steep too.

At any rate, I turned out my first sign yesterday and though it's VERY simple, ,I hope it will be the start of many projects to come (and hopefully a part of a new business in the near future) It's a gift for a glass blowing instructor who taught my family and I a class. I'm going to give it to him this morning when we pick up our pieces from his shop.

Thanks for looking, it's nice to be making again
Lawrence
Shazam!! You could be right!!!!!!!
- Timberwolf, 12/23/14

my portfolio
http://s171.photobucket.com/user/ldr_klr/slideshow/portfolio?sort=6
Welcome back!
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
Good to see you again!
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
I am very sure you like working wood again and I am glad about it.
On the software you know how I feel about the Carvewright so I just stopped and hope someone will teach me.

Can not wait to see everything you make.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Welcome back and good luck with the new venture!

Bob
"All that I do or say is all that I ever will be"

Billy Joe Shaver, Old Five and Dimers Like Me
Good to see you back!!!!
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
Welcome back! I was just telling someone about you and your awesome tail flashes and plaques you made this past week.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Welcome back and good luck with the new venture.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Tucson to Whidbey? That's quite a change in climes. Well done!
The sign turned out well, too!
Glad to see you back. How'd you like being on the road? Did you get to see all you want to see? Still have the RV for an occasional trip?
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard