rolling pins
Judy has reserved a spot in a show next weekend. Had to get some rolling pins turned for it. I have had a piece of bees wing cherry for about a year now and finally cut it up for some rolling pins. It was found in a barn in PA and has been in there as long as the family can remember. Very dense and dark and made an excellent pin

Also just got my annual shipment from Oregon and found this piece of quilted maple for a pin. Pretty sure both will find a new home soon
With the quilted piece, warn the customer: it is Big Leaf Maple, and soft, so fine for rolling out dough, lousy for mashing up pepermint candies. I found out the hard way about that..... "How can I get the dents out?"

robo hippy
Yeah its the first one out of quilt. I knew it would be soft but sure has the figure to grab attention at the shows.
I'll be sure to tell new owners it is not a hammer
I live both of them. Are you going to make hangers for them also?

The person I got some quilted maple a few years ago went out of business and not sure why since everyone bought his stuff.

I would love to get my hands on some to make boxes or bowl out of.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
That's some beautiful wood!
Steve K

Gorgeous
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Beautiful!

What is the diameter of the roller?

What is the purpose of leaving a hard edge on the knobs?

thanks for sharing.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
robo hippy said:

With the quilted piece, warn the customer: it is Big Leaf Maple, and soft, so fine for rolling out dough, lousy for mashing up pepermint candies. I found out the hard way about that..... "How can I get the dents out?"
robo hippy

Snerk... Like one of ours they put in a dishwasher
Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that's more accident then design.
Very nice work.
I've found figured rolling pins to be very popular, I doubt you will have any trouble finding these new homes.
Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that's more accident then design.
I love the figured wood and your right, its the figure that grabs attention. How much do you sell them for?