Festool track saw
Festool track saw

For those who paid a grand for their german engineered wood cutter, thought you might like to know whats inside.
I found this just milling through you tube. No dog in the fight, just interesting.
Mike

"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
The old boy sure has a way with words.
He has done quite a few of the tear stuff apart and rip the engineers down videos.....

Funny thing, I dont think people are complaining in droves that stuff is breaking.....so it must be properly engineered.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Wow, that was a brutal but honest "review" Both amusing and educational. I really liked it; will have to check out whatever else he has ripped into. I don't know how much of his critism is reflected in real life use but it certainly gives you something to think about.
Kind wondering where he bought the saw for $1000.
Seems like I've seen that before. It was lambasted by the Festool devotees, and cheered by the others. I'm indifferent, though I have one.....maybe because I didn't pay anywhere near a grand for mine (even with extra tracks). I did find it interesting, just nothing to have a knee jerk reaction over. I read somewhere that Christoferson (or whatever his name is) and others had a big time with over at FOG. Never go there, so don't know how true that is.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Seems if people were experiencing major failures and problems with these saws we would have heard a lot about that......we haven't.

I perceive this guy as just a curmudgeon looking for something to rant about.

Ron
"which plane should I use for this task?......the sharp one"

http://www.breseplane.blogspot.com/
Ron Brese said:

Ron

He's a Woodnet member????
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
CARYinWA said:

[blockquote]Ron Brese said:

Ron

He's a Woodnet member????

[/blockquote]

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Here we go again! Same video shown last year with LOTS of animated, opinionated discussion:

http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads...rt=all&vc=1
Still Learning,

Allan Hill