Festool track saw
Okay, Foot in mouth, I'm done.

Ron
"which plane should I use for this task?......the sharp one"

http://www.breseplane.blogspot.com/
My POS Festool track is still going strong. I bought it in the year 2000.
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
I just laugh and don't take the guy too seriously. He starts off and continues to stress $1,000. If it includes a dust extractor he is close, but as is, he is full of it.

He talked about how solvent could deteriorate the padding on the handle, and proved it by picking at an old screw driver. If he wanted to be taken seriously by anyone with half a brain, he would have done so with a Festool part.

He tossed the insert from the base of the case stating it would break if you were rough with it. Maybe it's true, but for credibility, toss a TS55 into the case a couple of times and see what happens. Don't just toss it aside.

I didn't watch the whole thing because the BS was getting too deep. He may have some valid points, but I won't spent the time digging through all the crap to get to them.

--
See ya later,
Bill
Regarding the $1000 for the saw, AvE is from canada so it's not far off