Gun cleaning box
I have been looking for some plans for a gun cleaning box, and have had no luck. Could anyone direct me to some high quality plans that hold the gun while cleaning and store the tools and solvents inside. I would rather make one than buy one.
Come on guys someone on this great resource can help me can't they?
does this help any?:
http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/do-you...art-i.html
Can't help with plans but there are lots of Google pics that you could probably pic and choose the best features from and lay it out from there. If you can design how your gun will sit in the rests, everything else can be built around it.
I made a gun vice to hold my rifles while cleaning, mounting scopes, ect... Just dont have a pic at the moment. I searched the web and found one that I liked and replicated it.

I have been thinking about a small wooded chest to store all the cleaning tools and supplies. I will probably build a small tool chest of some sort sized to hold cleaning rods vertically. Maybe a downsized dutch tool chest would work.
heres one i built for afriend a few years ago. i was going to make the top deeper to hold cleaning fluids,etc, but he wanted 3 drawers. i didnt have plans. i went off of measurements for a machinists tool box.

" />

" />
I made a pair of these for my sons a few years back. No plans, found a number of pictures online and designed based on what I liked best.

Thanks for all the help guys. I guess I will have to design my own, which isn't the end of the world just have to do a little research.
Vet said:

Thanks for all the help guys. I guess I will have to design my own, which isn't the end of the world just have to do a little research.

And write down and post the plans :-)

A gun box is on my to-do list.

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.
Love the antler handle. I have a few odd ones laying wound that would make good handles. Going to have to steal that design feature.