Cork sheet???
Anyone use it on the base of small pieces that won't see a sink of soapy water?
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

I made a big coaster for my big coffee cup. It's holding up good. It gets some coffee slopped on it occasionally. I got four 12" x 12" sheets for 75 cents at a yard sale.

" />
Base as in underneath? Why would you need it?
To protect the surface you are setting it on. (scratches )
That and to make it stay in place without wanting to slide about. The pretty lady asked nicely and I couldn't think of a reason to refuse. I had suggested felt but she was concerned about it being slippery.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Dennis Puskar said:

To protect the surface you are setting it on. (scratches )

None of the bowls I make ever scratch the surface of anything. Nor any of the other items, pepper mills. Boxes. Candlesticks etc

That being said. If she wants it, then why not. I've done cork in coasters. Simple tightbond to glue it in.

To keep it from sliding good idea actually.
I have a bunch of ceramics and coasters and such with a cork bottom. Holds up well. No turnings, but it would work.
I have used it for cup holders and one vase/bowl that someone wanted on the bottom.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I don't think cork sheet has very good anti-slip properties. I've tried using it on push-blocks as replacement for the original neoprene pads and it sucks (slips) in comparison.

If you want anti-slip consider neoprene or silicone dots on the bottom.

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.