Best sander paper
What does everyone use for sanding discs? We recently purchased 2 electric mirka 6" random orbit sanders and the supplied sanding discs are outrageously priced at Richelieu ( supplier out here in Vancouver ).
We're a mill work shop who do a lot of painted MDF work and stained veneers and at $1/ disc roughly it's pretty pricey for the Mirka brand Abranet discs. Any info out there on better/equal/cheaper etc etc products........Thanks again
Industrial Abrasives runs around $16 to $20 USD/50.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
I like [url=http://www.woodworkingshop.com/category.aspx?id=21&f1=5"+X+8+HOLE]Klingspore[/url] disks. Several different grit and paper/film types; typical price is around $20/50 disks. Abranet is nice but aren't very durable IME.

John
Which Mirka Abranet are you using? I know that for some of them $1 to $3 per disc is the going wholesale rate. For those higher end microfilm discs 3M makes discs that compare but they are not a lot cheaper.
Try Supergrit products.
We're using the 6" discs 150-320 grits. See to be decent , but for what you pay not worth it. Also been looking into Norton Abrasives to see what they have available price wise but have not used them yet
Ok The expensive ones I was referring to are micron film discs. I wasn't sure if you would use them on painted surfaces or not. I use them on solid surface and they're great there. So if you're using just paper backed I would just source some klingspor , Norton or 3M. All great paper. just look around the net for some good pricing and maybe your dealer would match that.