Where to buy band saw blades?? 158 in.
I'm picking up a Laguna 18" band saw on Saturday and want to get a Laguna resaw blade but it's $250 at Woodcraft. Anyone have a better source?
BTW I'm getting (stealing) an Italian made LT 18, not the 3000 series, for $550

TIA
Myles
-----------------------
mouse jockey
Laguna has the market cornered on the resaw king so the price is the same no matter where you locate it

try carbide.com for a lenox trimaster 1 x 158 x 2-3 tpi

it is $226 + shipping............ IMO a superior band
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I've had real good luck here Check the Woodmaster B blades, not carbide, but on 1" through 1 1/4" width for you 158" they offer a 1.3 TPI, and on wider bands even go down to a 1 TPI.

What I have found is even on a 12" resaw, if you use a 3TPI blade you have too many teeth in there and they just keep sawing the sludge, with less TPI you are removing the sludge, and the blade is just cutting new wood. Less cutting = less heat = longer blade life. Plus the in theory statement is it will be a ragged cut. I find the opposite is true, because it's not in the kerf wobbling back and forth in the sludge.

1" x 158 = $72.26 try one, you'll like it

Unless you are a production shop they will talk you out of a TriMaster, too much money. You can buy 3 of the B's for same $$$$, and will probably cut quite a bit longer too.

Just the other side of that expensive band coin. No matter what get them from a vendor who sells a lot of blades (better welds) and likely will have a voice to talk to to make sure your needs are met. Different blades for different folks.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
That is a helluva buy on that saw...seems almost like a stealth gloat. Congrats.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
have you looked at this site http://www.bandsawbladesdirect.com/ they offer free shipping my BIL gets his there
south vietnam war collage
If all you want is the Laguna resaw blade the only option is to get theirs no one else makes them. However, there are bandsaw blades out there that are just as good.

The trouble with the blade is they will only cut so fast no matter how much you push on the item being cut. Then again it is not a problem with cutting what it is intended to cut and that is veneer and other thin wood.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Highland woodworking's Wood Slicer blades can be ordered by the inch, albeit in either 1/2" or 3/4" widths.

I've only heard good things about them, it is what I use on my LT14 Bandsaw.

http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/woods...lades.aspx

Mike
Thanks guys, I'll look into them after I pick it up and see what blades that come with it.

Yes it was a stealth gloat
$4000 new right now, $550 used, it's the Italian made one, not the 3000 series. I'll be selling my 14 inch Jet with accessories for more than that.

Thanks again
Myles
-----------------------
mouse jockey
Instead of ordering I sometimes go to my local contractors tool supply house. They can weld up any length bandsaw blade from roll stock. Its about the same price as finding blades online.
WoodNET... the new safespace
Try a Lenox Woodmaster CT. I have been using them for years now and love them. I believe I pay about $140 for 170" blade from Spectrum Supply. I don't know how many thousands of feet of lumber I have resawn with the blade on my saw now but it is a lot. Great blades and a whole lot of bang for your buck if you want a carbide blade