Rikon 10-341 18" Bandsaw
I am thinking about a New Band saw looking at a Rikon 10-341 18" 2 hp 13" re saw capacity etc etc Does anyone have firsthand experience with this model. Some resawing and bowl blank cutting is it's future. $999.00 on sale ? This seems like a lot of saw for the money? Any opinions please share. Also would any one have any information about the motor is it a standard mount / frame size
if so I would maybe upgrade a bit in he future.
Thanks Tim
I have the older model (C-Man) with the 7" resaw and it does everything I ask of it. I did upgrade to Carter guides, since the bearings on mine gummed up quick. Many just replace with sealed bearings and get the same results as the Carter Kit. I know they have done some upgrades to the newer ones. Others consider the Laguna, around the regular price point. Dan
I have the original Rikon 18 incher, model 10-340. Bought it over ten years ago from Woodcraft when they first came out - it also has the 2 HP motor. It is a very good larger bandsaw IMHO, and I haven't needed any more power in a home shop environment. The couple of times I've called their CS with questions, the rep I spoke with, "Rod" was both patient and helpful.

From a price/performance perspective it is hard to beat. Grizzly also has a pretty complete line of 18" saws, probably more now than when I was in the market. You might want to take a look at their offerings just for comparison. If you step up to Laguna (has taken some CS hits on this forum) or Minimax (the gold standard to many) you will spend considerable more dough - whether it's worth it is always "in the eye of the beholder."

Good luck,

Doug
Thanks Dan & Doug I appreciate the input not sure what I'm going to do but when I saw it the price seemed hard to beat. I'll report back if I decide to pull the trigger.
Tim
I have the 345 model and like the saw.
I think the duct collection is better than expected.
Tapper said:

I have the original Rikon 18 incher, model 10-340. Bought it over ten years ago from Woodcraft when they first came out - it also has the 2 HP motor. It is a very good larger bandsaw IMHO, and I haven't needed any more power in a home shop environment. The couple of times I've called their CS with questions, the rep I spoke with, "Rod" was both patient and helpful.

From a price/performance perspective it is hard to beat. Grizzly also has a pretty complete line of 18" saws, probably more now than when I was in the market. You might want to take a look at their offerings just for comparison. If you step up to Laguna (has taken some CS hits on this forum) or Minimax (the gold standard to many) you will spend considerable more dough - whether it's worth it is always "in the eye of the beholder."

Good luck,

Doug

+1. got a pre owned 10-340 that replaced a very average 18" Jet. IMHO, Rikon offers above average tools and CS.
there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.