new air compressor
I am in the market for a new air compressor and see that Harbor Freight has a 5hp 60 gallon 2 stage unit and was wondering if anybody has one and how is it.
No experience with the current one but aa friend bought one a few years ago and it's still going strong.

I'm looking at their pump for one of my 60 gallon compressors.
I have had one for a number of years and it is still going strong. I got it back when the 20% off coupon still applied to compressors.
Ken
Carolyn "Kscott & GDay, can I come sniff you?"
Timberwolf "You ARE WHO you eat"!!!!!!! "
Spokeshave "You're swallowing someone else's DNA right now."
They are amde by the same company that makes BelAire. If I recall correctly, the pump is Italian made, tanks from the US and motors from a number of sources. You can see the Belaire units on aircompressorsdirect.com. Seem to be good units, pressure switch and hose may be a little iffy, but that is about it. Almost bought on myself until I stumbled across a locally manufactured unit.
MKM - Master Kindling Maker
A neighbor has a HF 60 gallon, 5 hp compressor that he bought about 2 years ago. He is happy with it. His compressor is twin cylinders ,not two stage though.He looked into 2 stage compressors by Ingersol Rand and Quincy.Big bucks ,he settled for single stage.

mike
Back when I was looking I checked that out, ended up buying mine at Menards, on sale plus 11% off. It was a nice deal. I've been happy with it for < 300 bux. I thought it would be a lot noisier than it actually is, and for light painting, woodworking projects, and running all the tools I'm interested in, I'm a happy camper.

60 gal, 3.7 hp.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I got the same one at Menard's as well. Good machine, very reliable over the last 7 years.
+1
Just got mine bolted down and wired up last weekend.

Lonnie
this compressor from HF is listed as two stage and has received pretty good reviews. It looks to be the same one I bought years ago but who knows what might have changed.
Ken
Carolyn "Kscott & GDay, can I come sniff you?"
Timberwolf "You ARE WHO you eat"!!!!!!! "
Spokeshave "You're swallowing someone else's DNA right now."