problems with bathroom renovation
After finally getting all the wallpaper off the downstairs bathroom walls LOML has decided NOT to strip the upstairs bathroom walls (and I have her permission to have her committed if she ever mentions wallpaper again )

For the bathroom renovation we dug out the tile we had bought on clearance years ago at Lowe's for use in the "new house" that isn't gonna happen.

There were some loose tiles and 12 boxes, all marked "slate" like the loose tiles.

But we opened the boxes to check for broken tiles and they weren't slate, they were a beige.

Counted the slate tiles we do have and we have about 5 more than we count on the floor. That's a little close

We looked at the tile offerings in the big boxes and they had nothing even close but we did find a couple of tiles we could use as an "accent" to stretch the supply
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
I miss the old color tile stores. They had the best selection of tile and supplies and the other part of the store sold he dreaded wallpaper....

Today there is nowhere even close but there is one chain that has way more but there aren't many of them. Floor and decor has a huge selection though they aren't the cheapest supplier.
most of the "waste" will be on border. Find a complimentary border tile and you should be good.
srv52761 said:

most of the "waste" will be on border. Find a complimentary border tile and you should be good.

+1
I re-tiled my master bath walls years ago. Didn't like the green color. Was wanting to do the floor too. Well several years pass and while walking through a Lowes, I find the same tile on clearance. I buy the lot. Mostly the smaller 4"x4", I double-checked that it was all the same color and type.

Still haven't gotten to the floor.
WoodTinker
Elizabeth (or whatever your real name is)

If you want to advertise here, you should contact the site administrators. Or contribute something more than advertising.

This year old thread is about tile, not your bathtub store.

Thanks in advance
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS