Woodworking show in Somerset-- heart shaped dovetail joints guy??
After coming back from the Somerset woodworking show yesterday,i started thinking more about this setup where you can make joinery with other shapes besides just box joint or dovetail shapes-- he had all sorts of different templates-- heart shapes, zig zag...etc. I'd like to look into this more, but i don't remember which dealer it was, or what the product was called.
I thought it was from peachtree woodworking, but couldn't find it on their site-- any idea what it's called, and if it's any good?

Colin
I walked right past him.
Don't know who he is.
Mr. Keller was MIA I noticed.
Ag
Peachtree

MLCS

Possibly others. Google "Fast Joint jig"

Keep in mind you were watching a guy who uses that thing all day, every day, and they are using it on decidedly pre-measured parts. Once you figure it out, layout for spacing will be your challenge. Not impossible, but there is more learning curve to actually use it, then on a PC 4212 DT jig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLf0srR98kk
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Leigh Jigs makes templates like these for their dovetail jigs.
Yea that is the guy. I walked by him also because every year I stop and wind up buying his latest jigs. Have more than I will ever use.

Again the amount of vendors dwindled. pretty soon all they will have is the junk tool guy and those that sell the gutter helmets and the tax guy.
John T.
AgGEM said:

I walked right past him.
Don't know who he is.

Ditto, as I do each year. Only thing I bought was from Lee Valley though with the free shipping event there was no show deal. I was hoping to see Craft Supplies. Saturday seemed to be well attended.

Doug
JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

Again the amount of vendors dwindled. pretty soon all they will have is the junk tool guy and those that sell the gutter helmets and the tax guy.

Actually, in the Washington DC show (held in Chantilly, VA), they had to turn away vendors and exhibitors, including our group (the Washington Woodworkers' Guild). Granted, that was partly due to the fact that they were in a smaller venue than the last time they were there (5 years ago). But turnout was good. I wish they had left out the junk tool guy and gotten somebody useful!
I remember that guy from the wood working shows back in the early 2000's. I watched him make those joints for quite a while and wanted to buy the kit. No money in the tool budget though.

It was Woodline