Do blood thinners and woodworking mix
Robert Adams said:

Loml's sister mom is and her dad was on rat poison too. Her sister kept riding walking glue factories and was nearly killed twice by them, the first time riding the seccond feeding them. This last time she finally listened to everyone and started getting rid of them.

Course woodworking is immensely safer and I would ask your doc if there is a vitamin k shot or pill or something you can keep handy like having an epi pen for allergic reactions. That way if you do something bad you get a head start on neutralizing the rat poison and getting your blood to clot.

That stuff is a pain as there are allot of things you can't eat because of the vitamin k in it. We were going to get romaine lettuce at sams when visiting her mom and for some dumb reason the stuff they get from dole has k added to it. You will be OK if you just pay attention.

I'm on one of the bio-engineered blood thinners where you don't need constant monitoring but unlike warfarin, there is no antidote so vitamin K doesn't work in my case. Ken
I tend to bump into things and get bruised. So if I were on blood thinner I would have to watch that. I think kick backs could be an issue. Other than that keep band aides around.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
Like all things just use common sense. I'm on Xrelto and my doc just shrugged when I told him I do woodworking and hunt. I'm a bit more careful when in the woods alone but that's really the only change I've made, maybe not the best solution but.. Bruising, now that's another story, I bruise so easily and it lasts forever.
Just use common sense and hyper aware around tools, even if you cut off a finger, I have to assume that you are within a decent range of emergency services
-----------------------
mouse jockey
Anything other than a lost a limb and you should be just fine. I would recommend buying a roll of Coban and 4 x 4 gauze in case you do get a good cut. The Coban is a self adhesive wrap that sticks to itself very well. You can wrap up a wound so tight you can seriously compromise the perfusion of anything distal of the wrap.

Coban is great to have around anyways, especially for someone who's prone to cuts and works with their hands. It has great hold and flexibility. I would also keep some betadine swabs or solution around as well. Worse case scenario, make sure you wear a belt in the shop.....you never know when you could need a tourniquet!

Ibuprofen is a blood thinner, as is aspirin and vitamin E. Personally, I would not worry about it much especially if you follow the advice given above and take sensible precautions. JMO & YMWV
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
John Mihich said:

I tend to bump into things and get bruised. So if I were on blood thinner I would have to watch that. I think kick backs could be an issue. Other than that keep band aides around.

Yes, I have been thinking that kickbacks are the biggest issue. I have been woodworking with power tools for 45+ years and have not come close to having a serious cut with TS or any other power tool. I know that past performance is no guarantee of the future, but it does show that I am careful and attentive to what I am doing. But every decade or so, I have a major kickback. The last one happened a couple years ago when I was struck in the right chest (I am right handed by a chunk of walnut about 8" X 5" X 2" which took me to my knees. It knocked the breath out of me but fortunately didn't break any ribs. I had a huge bruise over my pectoral and deep soreness that lasted for weeks. If I had been on blood thinners, I might have had an internal bleed and not ever been aware of it. Now, anything with the romotes possibility of kickback goes to the band saw. Ken
When the doctor told me that I should really avoid falling and other sorts of blunt force trauma, I told him that at my age, I've already become quite averse to coming in sudden and forcible contact with any hard surfaces.

The biggest thing is to be aware of the danger. If you do fall off a ladder or slip in the shower or take a punch down at your favorite watering hole, go to an ER. Do not pass go, do not collect $200 and do not go home and blow it off as nothing, even if you don't feel like you really got hurt.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

Ken
I was having a few moments of A fib for many years always went away on its own so I ignored it [ bad thing to do ]
then last July it would not go back to rhythm on its own so 4 days in hospital
now I take rythmol and baby aspirin for a blood thinner
I really bleed when I get a small cut
I have a package of what was shown celox if I need it
I have no intention of quitting my favorite hobby if my times up so be it but I have been doing this 50 years and never have hurt myself to badly
well once a router mishap caused me to need several stiches

I also have a roll of stretch bandage in my truck house and shop
I am widowed and live alone no one would miss me for days or weeks so getting hurt is always on my mind

I worry more about getting killed buy some one on a cell or texting as I drive down the road
than my wood working
Ken

I take blood thinners and I am fine it is the other things wrong with me that keeps me from going out to the shop.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I too am retired and have afib but have never given any thought to changing my lifestyle. It is what it is. I am currently in Colorado for five weeks skiing. I worked too long and hard to not enjoy myself now that I can do the things I never had time to do - woodworking included. PS - I just found out bloodwood is an actual specie, not the wood I bled on and passed off as a design enhancement!
Take off a full blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/2 blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/4 blade - How the H--- can it be 1/4" short????