Porter Cable 121 spindle sander
Anyone have experience with this sander? How well does it work? Do you know what accessories came with it? ie More than 1 spindle size?

Used one once and it seemed to be a beefy built machine. I'd like one but they are hard to find at a reasonable price. I know where one is still on the shelf and most likely will be for years that when I can afford it I'll buy it. I like that it can be portable as well as table mounted.

Yes they had a couple spindle sizes as well.
Had one for a few years and mounted it to a router insert so I could drop it in a table for table top spindle sander.

It worked fined and had no issues with it other than it was a little loud and dust collection was sub-par. Had a few different diameter drums with it too.

I bought the Ridgid belt/spindle sander a couple years ago and never used the PC anymore.

Think I sold the PC to a WN'er if I'm not mistaken.
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
I believe the used market is the only place to find one these days.

maybe some NOS exists somewhere though
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I have one that I've used very little since I have a stationary spindle sander, but I've had a couple occasions where I had a large piece and it was definitely the"go to tool". If I was to do it over again, I would purchase this, make a stand, and forget the stationary tool. I also think it's well built. Too bad porter cable has fallen so far.
I have one somewhere. Don't use it very often but its great for large pieces that don't fit on my stationary sander

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

cad said:

Anyone have experience with this sander? How well does it work? Do you know what accessories came with it? ie More than 1 spindle size?

Hi Cad - I have that sander and have place the machine upside down in a home-made stand that allows bringing the workpiece to the oscillating sanding drum - dust collection has been excellent for me - I'll be glad to post pics if your have this sander and want to see what I designed (very simple) - Dave
Piedmont North Carolina
Check out a post of mine from a few years back:

I don't know how to link to an old post, but do a search for my posts in Woodworking power tools (more than one year old). Look for a thread called "Anyone built a downdraft table?"

Look for my reply dated 08/29/13. It shows how I incorporated this sander into my downdraft table. It is a great sander and I use it a lot.

Send me a PM for any questions (drum diameters etc.)
There is a fine line between woodworking and insanity - sometimes I am not sure which side of the line I am on.