Need HF DC Part
I am in need of the plastic "output" flange for my HF Dust collector. This is the part that would break into a few pieces when something heavy and metal gets sucked into the impeller and is then sent out with great force. Basically the transition piece from the blower to the hose. HF says that part is discontinued. Does anybody know if there is another source for that part or if a similar part from another brand would work in that situation before I go and fab one up out of MDF?

Thanks in advance.
Would a Fernco coupling work? web page
Larry
Is it the black plastic thing that goes from square to round? I'm trying to remember mine now and what I did with it. I don't believe it was used when I converted to the Thein setup on the mobile cart. I'll check though tonight and if I have it, it's yours for the cost of mailing.

Jimmy
Same here, but I used my blower on a Pentz cyclone, and made a wooden adapter to an 8" flex duct out the window. I looked around for the original adapter, but I don't even remember seeing it in years. I'll keep looking when I'm back in the shop, though.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Yep. The rectangle to round transition us what I'm after. Thanks.
I have no idea what the part looks like but may have a remedy.
Square to round transitions are found at box stores .The roof gutter and downspout is where to look.I have one I use as a part of a router fence. The rectangle is flush mounted to the fence and the round takes the hose.Try a search for this part,may give you dimensions.
mike
Mine has been broken for a long time. It has been taped up and every so often it gets retaped...

Never looked at replacing it though. Wouldn't be hard to have a duct shop make one up
Yeah, I broke one, taped it. Ordered a replacement part, broke it, now it is taped again. I am in the process of converting my single stage HF DC to a two stage cyclone unit with the super dust deputy, and I figured it would be nice to have it back in good shape if I am going to go to all that trouble.
can you adapt something like this:
http://store.workshopsupply.com/catalogu...-14-p-1074.html
tomsteve said:

can you adapt something like this:
http://store.workshopsupply.com/catalogu...-14-p-1074.html

Yes but the hose on the dc outlet is 5".