Flush Cut Saws at Lee Valley
I just spoke to LV customer service about their flush cut saws. He told me that the web site is wrong about which saw has set and which doesn't.
Web site says single sided flush cut saw has no set. Double sided saw has set on top face. CS guy said that is wrong; it is actually the single sided saw that has some set.

Anyone have one or the other and can confirm which is set and which is without set.
And aside (no pun intended) from the set question, would you recommend single or double sided version?
Thanks
Umm... customer service for which company, precisely?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool.
Assuming the LV saws, I have the double-edged version, (which I'm pretty sure has set on one face (marked 'this side up'). I like being able to come from either side.
Good judgement is the product of experience.
Experience is the product of poor judgement.
Ron,

I assume you're referring to the Lee Valley ones with the plastic handles. If so, I have the double edged one and can check when I get home (have never used it). I know the description in the Installation Kit says the single sided saw has no set, but the description on the page that has just the saws seems to say that both of them have set on one side. Assuming Paul is right, it should be easy to determine.

You should have asked this weekend when LV was in NJ.

Steve
Sorry, it is Lee Valley plastic handled saws that I am trying to sort out.
Anyone have a flush cut saw and some tapered plug cutters that need a new home?
Mockers mock as you will. But this saw is a HF Gem and I have had no problems with marring my stay surface, while chopping off whatever was protruding

Now I love me some LV, but if it gets done for pennies, I like that too.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Unless they changed them in the last few years the double cut saws have some set. I can't say if the single cut has set or not. It's a nice little saw, I like it better than the one I got from the big box store. A little less aggressive so starts really nice and leaves a clean finish.
Just looked at mine (double sided) and it does say "This Side Up," but I felt both sides and there is definitely some set on one side. I figured that my fingers were more reliable than my eyes.

Steve
I have the single sided saw. It does have one side marked 'this side up' and the other side has no set. It cuts great and I'd buy it again.
~ Chris
Kugihiki @ LV