Sawstop and CMT Cove Cutting Blade
Wondering if this CMT cove cutting blade can be used on the Sawstop?

No. Diameter is only 7" - the dado brake needs something close to 8".
Is there no way to run without brake or to turn off protective circuit?
Yes, you can turn off the protective circuit. I do not know about this blade and its compatibility to a SawStop tablesaw.

Doug
It still needs.to.sense.the proper clearance between the cutter and the brake even in bypass mode. There are work arounds that I read about that someone on another forum used. The work around involved a piece of wire attached to the aluminum part of the brake cartridge and bent so it cleared the cutter and so that the other end was the proper clearance from the arbor without touching the arbor. This should allow you to operate in bypass.
"...cuttin' your presidency off right now. Just quit. Because if this is you helpin' us, then stop helpin' us."
No you can not use the CMT cove cotter on a saw stop table saw. Even in by pass mode. The weight of the head causes the saw to lock up. Also the dado cartage dose not come forward enought to keep the less than 1/8" gap. I know, I tried using on in a sawtop.
Don't know what to tell you about the locking up part but if I'm not mistaken he posted pictures of his setup. The wire he used was solid copper and was used to trick the saw into thinking that the clearance was correct so that it would operate in bypass.
"...cuttin' your presidency off right now. Just quit. Because if this is you helpin' us, then stop helpin' us."
Does that cove cutter weight more than an 8" dado stack? I always wanted one (Cove cutter) but now I have a SS and took the cutter off my "buy" list.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
tricking a saw so you can use an accessory seems contrary to me you know like running a jointer without a guard

seriously it is designed to prevent injuries why not just figure out a different way to do the same thing.......... you know like a dado set or a regular saw blade..... it accomplishes the same thing based on what is being asked
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I don't necessarily view this as a "I don't need no dang guard on this blasted machine, see, I've got 6 and 1/2 good fingurs" type of discussion. I now have a UNISAW: so none of the safety benefits of a SS. I am just wondering if it would be possible to run the SS with the mentioned blade, understanding all the while that the SS safety benefits would be over-ridden. THe question is more of a "is it physically possible and practical (i.e. not wanting to do a Rube Goldberg type of work-around) to run the blade", rather than "is it a good idea from a safety standpoint". As I said, safety wise, running it with the safeties off on a SS can't be worse than running it on a UNISAW.